We help our customers develop their devices through technological innovation, positioning ourselves as reliable and strategic partners in various sectors and markets.
From wearable devices to telemedicine and personal care solutions, and finally to state-of-the-art surgical equipment, we can assist our clients in the development of all the software and hardware tools they need.
We help our partners to make their products compliant to the latest regulatory requirements, by improving the quality of software, monitoring data throughout the value chain, and meeting European and FDA standards for software design and validation.
The entire medical industry is striving to achieve a competitive advantage through the adoption of innovative technologies, such as Big Data, Cloud and predictive analysis, in full compliance with a constantly evolving legislation, with existing safety requirements and the patients’ privacy.
Main technological skills:
- Diagnostic devices and systems
- Therapeutic devices and systems
- Wearable devices
- Development of medical devices
- Sensor networks and management of data provided by them
- Big data, machine learning and deep learning on medical data
- Telemedicine devices
- Cloud for patient-doctor interconnection
We began to develop mobile apps for Android and iOS when we started our activity, sometimes choosing the more difficult and professional path of developing native applications, sometimes using cross-platform frameworks (e.g. Xamarin). Since then, we have gained extensive experience both in the areas of design, development and integration, and in assisting the client in the app distribution and publication phase, which is often an underestimated activity.
We assist our clients in all the various phases:
- Concept: together with our customers, we provide ideas and suggestions in accordance with the existing technological scenario, the target and the requirements of the project.
- Design: in collaboration with our partners, we place the user at the centre of the application, devoting the utmost care to the aspects relating to User Interface and User Experience
- Development: we develop native and non-native applications for iPhone, iPad, and Android and Windows-based smartphones and tablets. Moreover, we also use tools and devices for the verification and validation of the software developed.
We apply to the world of industry the expertise gained in the area of motion, robotics, embedded boards, IoT, and all technologies relating to the Industry 4.0. The challenges that this new industry is facing include:
- production process automation (motion, robotics, sensor intelligence)
- Decentralised control for increased production flexibility (IoT, Cloud and apps)
- Energy consumption control and optimisation
- Industrial costs control and optimisation for single product
- Control and optimisation of production plant maintenance costs (machine learning, predictive maintenance)
We also develop innovative systems and platforms that can be integrated into incumbent systems, based on more traditional technologies (OPC, Modbus, SNMP), which enables our clients to recoup their investments, whilst creating all the conditions required for a constant development of infrastructures.
Thanks to the expertise developed in its key markets, Kalpa can assist customers from the initial phases of development of a new product, from feasibility analysis to the creation of the first prototypes. All design and development phases are shared with the customer’s team, and the expertise gained in Firmware development enables us to select the hardware platform and communications interfaces that offer the best solutions in terms of Time-To-Market, system maintainability and product life over time.
The home automation market is characterised by a constant impetus for innovation involving a multitude of technologies and applications, often developed in other sectors, such as telecommunications/VoIP and cutting-edge web architectures. Applications for the home and service sectors create new opportunities of development: from small-sized consumption control devices, to more complex Linux or Android-based equipment, finally to cloud and mobile systems for controlling home devices remotely, monitoring the data collected through them, and processing them using advanced machine learning systems.
Kalpa provides turn-key projects, integrating into a single solution air-conditioning and lighting systems, automation, communications networks and supervision system.
In order to ensure system integration and the use of devices wherever the user finds himself, Kalpa designs web-based architectures enabling a thorough control of systems in a remote manner. Our systems are developed with the most frequently-used communications protocols: KNX, BACnet, LON, Modbus, Mbus, Dali, etc.
How we can assist you
- Hardware e software design
- Research and Development
- Verification and validation
- Assistance for certifications
- Supervision and cloud services maintenance
Our experience in the automotive industry ranges from infotainment, with the creation of hardware and software platforms, to the management of diagnostics panel.
In collaboration with the key industry players, we have contributed to the development of control units, such as for the management of automated gearboxes. We have also gained significant experience in the development of vehicle tracking systems through GPS technology with the concurrent recording of certain driving parameters. We also perform static and dynamic code tests and compliance checks in accordance with Misra rules.